Who are we?
Kashish Intellectual Property Group (KIPG), established in 2006, is a law firm with its head office in Mauritius. KIPG exclusively offers pragmatic and proficient legal solutions for all IP Portfolio Management Services to its multi-dimensional IP Right holders. Furthermore, KIPG has grown to become a multidisciplinary advisory and business consulting firm in the domains of corporate finance, taxation, audit, data protection and privacy, and FDA compliance.
How do we help our clients in safeguarding their Intellectual Property Rights?
We work to become the best in the business by offering our clients practical solutions in a time-effective way. We are known for delivering our commitments, no matter how intricate the matter or location is. Our professional and experienced attorneys have been successfully resolving the most complicated IP related issues. There are always there to help our clients in securing their business rights globally. We build a long-term association with our clients by providing them with a facility to stay in direct contact with us throughout the process.
What are our practice areas?
- When it comes to IP, our practice areas include Trademarks, Non-Conventional Trademarks, Patents, Utility Models, Industrial Designs, Layout Designs, Copyright, Domain Names, Geographical Indications, Plant Varieties, Drafting & Vetting of Agreements, Licensing & Franchising, IP Portfolio Review & Management, IP Valuation, and Enforcement & Custom Recordal.
- In the domain of Corporate and Taxation, our practice areas include Business Set-Up & Registration, Corporate Law Compliance & Advisory, Labour Laws Compliance Management & Payroll, Audit & Assurance, Accounting & GST/VAT/TVA Compliance, Drafting & Vetting of Agreements, and Legal Opinion.
- In the field of FDA Compliance, our practice areas include Animal Drugs, Biological Products, Color & Food Additives, Food Additives for Animals, Human Drugs, and Medical Products & Devices.
- When it comes to Data Protection & Privacy, our practice areas include forming strategies, identifying gaps, and understanding the privacy dimension of our clients' data.
What are our business hours?
Our business hours are 9:30 am to 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday. However, we are committed to responding to our clients' calls and emails within 24 hours or less.
In which regions of the world do we extend our services?
We provide our clients with seamless interaction and services throughout all the regions across the globe.
How do we keep our clients updated?
We provide our clients with regular status updates and notifications through our e-portal at multiple stages corresponding to the different services that we provide. As part of all our services, we also keep our clients updated with the regional and national laws, procedures, and day-to-day practicalities.
Is registration of a trademark essential?
Trademark registration is important as it prevents a company or an individual from infringing the rights of others. A trademark is considered a valuable asset; therefore, its registration is necessary to secure and safeguard your business interests.
What other services do we offer besides trademark registration?
We offer assistance to our clients in:
- SEARCH: To determine the viability and availability of our clients' proposed trademarks for their use and registration across the globe.
- PROSECUTION: Replying to official objections, amending goods and services, drafting of counter replies and oppositions, attending hearings on behalf of our clients, and so forth.
- RENEWALS AND RESTORATION: To file timely renewal requests before the Trademark Registries.
- RECORDAL OF CHANGES: To successfully record the changes of name and address, assignment, and merging and licensing of the registered/pending trademarks that may have taken place concerning ownership or transfer of rights.
Can trademark registration be valid worldwide?
Trademarks filed in India will be valid only in India; however, few countries use the trademark registration in India as a basis for filing the trademark in their country.
What is patentable?
Any idea is eligible for a patent if it is useful, non-obvious, and novel. The invention should remain disclosed to the public till the time of its application for the patent.
What are the advantages of owning a patent?
The advantages of owning a patent are as follows:
- License the invention for use by third-parties
- Exclude others from copying, selling, or importing your invention without your permission
- Protection for a pre-determined period
- Use it to set up a business
What is our 'IP Portfolio Review and Management Service' all about?
Our 'IP Portfolio Review and Management Service' serves a practical approach where we first strive to understand the needs of our clients and then strategize to carve out custom-built solutions that can monetize their IP assets while securing their business entities. We also make sincere efforts to meet the long term business goals of our clients by prioritizing, reducing, or expanding their IP Portfolios.
What does it mean to 'license' your work and how do we do it?
Once you become the owner of your Intellectual Property, you can provide authorization for others to use or exploit your creation. Such authorizations are referred to as 'licenses.' We assist our clients in drafting and negotiating licensing agreements about different Intellectual Property Rights related matters.
How do we assist our clients in dealing with the infringement of Intellectual Property Rights?
On behalf of our clients, we draft cease and desist notices to infringers and also file or defend infringement lawsuits before the appropriate forums. We also safeguard the business interests of our clients from alleged infringements by registering their rights with the customs and border control agencies. As a part of our IP Rights Enforcement Services, we also conduct investigations, raids & seizures and carry out regular market watch for our clients.
How do we provide FDA compliance assistance to our clients?
We provide compliance assistance for all applicable regulatory and legal requirements associated with animal and human drugs, biological products, food additives for humans and animals, color additives in food, and medicinal products and devices. We can help clients with all aspects of FDA compliance, including mock audits and inspections, gap analysis, writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS), forms, reports, Form 483, and warning letter responses.